Understanding Employee Responsibilities
This course provides an overview of what responsibilities you hold as a new employer, including the payroll process, taxes and providing employee benefits.
Course Syllabus – 7 Lessons
- Lesson 1 8 HR Must Haves for Your Business to Succeed A well-structured HR system is key to attracting and retaining quality employees. Find out what you must have to keep business running smoothly.
- Lesson 2 Payroll for Startups and Small Businesses Handling startup and small business payroll is crucial for keeping employees happy and the IRS away. We explain everything you need to know about payroll here.
- Lesson 3 Employee Benefits Tips to Help Your Startup Succeed Startups have the ability to provide creative employee benefits to attract and retain employees. Find out which perks employees want and more in this video.
- Lesson 4 Employer Tax Obligations Don't skip out on your tax responsibilities. Learn all about federal tax obligations, state tax obligations and more!
- Lesson 5 Benefits Requirements There are a few benefits you are legally required to provide employees. Find out what they are and how you can get the best deal in this lesson.
- Lesson 6 Benefits that Retain and Recruit New Employees Go beyond providing the "benefits basics" and consider these benefits and policies that will help you attract and retain employees.
- Lesson 7 Best HR & Healthcare Services for Startups Providing HR and healthcare services can be difficult for startups. These service providers will make your employees happy and stay within your budget.
- Final Project Choosing Your Employee Benefits Complete this final project to see if the employee benefits you selected will set your business up for success.
- Susan Post Divisional Director East, SHRM-SCP, CAE
- Kathleen Burns Benefits & Compensation Analyst
Share the knowledge
Register for Brainstorming your Business Idea to receive exclusive course handouts plus a chance to interact with the course experts.